Hey RC fans! Just wanted to say how grateful we are for your support / feedback and it is something we obviously anticipated releasing our Early Access build to you all. We are keeping a close eye on all of your bugs and suggestions and will try respond to those the best we can. 🙂 We are a team that are dedicated to our sports and have been fortunate enough to have had input from coaches, official unions, international star players, fans, player analysis teams from around the world.. all help make this as true to the game of Rugby as we can. We understand that our job is not done yet and again your feedback helps us and others to make this the best rugby game out there! While we work through your comments and clearing any bugs that arise, keep an eye out for some of these subtle game-play implementations: - At rucks, forwards have now positioned themselves as pods beside the ruck (sometimes one man pods if you've committed too many players) and watch the backs move in behind them. This allows for a forwards crash ball (which now have a higher chance of retention so you can play multiple phases instead of it turning over each time you crash it up) it also allows you to tire the opposition out if you decide to keep crashing it up and sometimes opens up the defending back-line drawing the defence into the action - cross kick time?
- In saying the above, forwards now have a designated pass button (the d-pad, left / right) and the backs have the normal pass button assigned. - At rucks / mauls the forwards are now the main people joining these when committing players. No longer should you see the whole back-line in there with props ready to take the drop kick out back.
- Each team has been assigned particular playing styles depending on where they are based in the world. Northern Hemisphere should now be using more tactical kicking / box-kicking and structured forward and back play. Southern Hemisphere should now play more expansive, still structured but with flair. Fiji specifically should have a higher risk pass / offload chance for those passes they seem to magically get away. South Africa should have a balance of Northern and Southern hemisphere styles with their mighty kickers and their Kolbe flair. - The fullback comes into line every so often automatically now acting as another man to pass to (which you can still do manually if they're not there when you want).
- When making a break, support shouldn't be too far away now, generally wrapping around or running beside you as a passing option.
- Halfback is the main passer at rucks now (unless he's extremely far away or under the ruck himself)
- General kicking aiming direction has been sped up (before it used to take an age to move that aimer across the field)
- Grubber / chip kick in behind the defence no longer results in an magnetic / automatic catch from the other team and now actually allows you the chance to regather the ball if timed / positioned correctly.
- Set-play crash balls don't require you to fend most times when running straight to a defender, as players should now carry momentum based on their strength and be able to boulder past (ie. try using Ngani Laumape on a Dummy Switch "Square" option on the PS4. - Passing needs to be more precise now. If the pass is not on (ie. the player you're about to pass to looks offside) don't pass it! or expect to have a few forward passes in game. Happy gaming and keep sending us through your feedback!