Great patch guys - made a big difference. Please don't stop here.
There can still be small improvements that will make a big difference.
- The spacing/width of backline needs to be improved. Even with tactics set to 'wide' the backline doesn't spread well enough. There is often a back (usually 10) behind the forward pod (which is great) but when you play wide it skips them and hits the outside player (in 12 position) so you instantly lose a player/overlap. If the backline was spaced/positioned wider it would create more space for that player behind the pod to get the ball and go through the hands etc.
- Big frustration is when you have a pod set and decide to use the backs, instead of the pod overrunning the pass and it going behind their back to the 10, too often the 10 seems to take it in front/amongst of the pod very flat. Use the pod as a decoy/piss off line and hit 10 out the back from 9.
- Hard to utilise overlaps. one tap of L1/R1 will result in a miss pass in lots of occasion. If we had the option to miss pass by holding L1/R1 slightly longer it will give the player much more control and we can decide if we want to throw a miss pass or utilise the hands
- When you have a full pod set up (3 players), off slow ball, you get turned over to often. Need a banker play to ensure forwards keep possession (to build momentum/get you in position to kick etc). Too often a pod is well set up and had the players to support but is turned over - even more frustrating when you make a line break.
- An option for 10 to hit a pod of forwards would be a game changer and take the game to another level (pod set up off 10 not 9).
- Variety in penalties. I think there should be a cheat button (R3 - hands in ruck/lay on ball etc)). sometimes you want to give away a pen to stop a try. It would make the game more realistic and the more you do it the more cards/pens you give away so its a calculated decision that occasionally pays off.
- More emphasis when a player runs a crash ball. Make them slightly faster/more powerful. Don't get the feeling of someone 'running a hard line'. Seems like they jog into contact, not explode through it.