As an avid rugby fan and player we all want to see the best game possible. A few small tweaks can massively help.
- players take the ball every-time too flat. Ok for forwards but the 10 needs more time. Doesn’t need to be game line flat every phase.
- Cut the time it takes to set up a set play dramatically. As soon as they players are in position (which happens fairly quickly), let the user play the ball/move. So close to being good.
- Cut out the massive miss passes. Ruins the game.
forwards stand to close to the breakdown. Makes it more congested and scrappy.
- POD systems don’t seem to work. If you are playing 2-4-2 for example, those players should be spread scores the pitch. Never seem to have a backrow wide on touch line
- Sideline cam needs a lot of work. Passes seem to go forward and the spacing is off. Having the players set deeper initially may help.
- Box kicks. You have the rolling box kick down but it should be used as a high up and under style kick as well.
- Camera on kick offs need to revert to how it was on RC3. It swivels awkwardly towards the ground and you can’t see anything.
- Less knock ons. Happens to offen.
- As simple tap of L1 or R1 tries to hit an outside back every time. Worked better on RC3 where you held the bottom down a tad longer to engage/pass to the 10.
- Off scrums 9 hits 12 every time. Can’t seem to just pass to 10. Also spacing of the back line is extremely bunched and unrealistic
- AI for the offence of the computer has to get better. Implement a basic/intermediate/professional pattern that mimics how teams play now. Eg from a sideline 9 hits pod of forward. Next phase, 9 hits 10 who hits a pod of forwards, then 9 hits 10 Who hits back line to go wide to touch line. Then back into pattern
- Turnovers are too frequent. If a team is going forward and has momentum and players to the ruck (not just standing next to it) they should keep the ball. As players we want to build phases and break down a defence. Becomes unplayable when there is a random turnover every few phases
- Too many unrealistic offloads. Players want phases- not 5 offloads before you can get a team to the deck
- Have to wait for 9. 9 is usually always the player to use to pass ball away. Need option for someone else to play ball if 9 not there
- 10 is hardly ever stood in the right place at first reviewer. You should highlight the 10 so you know where he is on the pitch. That way you know if it is on to go wide or not if he’s not there