This was mentioned briefly once before here, where it would be good to have the XP in the game mean something (not just in Career Mode). I find levelling up to unlock guns and attachments in Call Of Duty Multiplayer really gives the game more longevity... so implementing something like that would be awesome in AFL Evolution.
This could be done with various things, like having:-
- jumper unlocks (where licensing can be done) including indigenous jumpers
- historical player/historical team unlocks (where licensing can be done)
- special footballs
- special boots/helmets/hairstyles
- video clips from past games - 'player cards' like a collector's album
Adding to that, things that affect gameplay, like:-
- extra in-game tactics - extra skills (like special evasive steps, speccy animations, etc.)
(as these could give an advantage, some limitations/balancing might be needed for online games....like matching players with similar XP levels).
Anyone else got other suggestions for what could be 'unlocked'?